Medical Affairs Manager
Field based – Northern Italy
Reporting to the Medical Director, the candidate will be responsible for the field-based provision of expert clinical and scientific information to customers. He/she will be responsible for the management of collaborative relationships with national and regional opinion leaders to ensure alignment of professional opinion, particularly in areas of emerging science and forthcoming product developments. Additionally, the role will provide oversight and local management of relationships with investigators undertaking studies under the remit of Global R&D. He/She will also provide support to the national business unit to provide clinical insight, technical expertise and scientific training to staff.
· Medical and Scientific Information: provides in-depth clinical and scientific information relating to company’s products to internal staff and, on demand, to external customers;
· Opinion Leaders: Responsible for the management of collaborative relationships with national and local opinion leaders to ensure alignment of clinical and scientific opinion and the company strategy; organizes advisory boards and scientific round table meetings with specialists; attends relevant scientific congresses to meet with opinion leaders, observe podium presentations and maintain in-depth understanding of scientific and therapeutic advances.
· Study Support: Responsible for screening of investigator led study proposals and managing requests in line with company SOPs; provides support to national investigators participating in sponsored studies as appropriate.
· Business Unit Support: Provides scientific support and assistance to country management, as required, to support business needs; assists in internal and external training events; advises speakers for congresses, symposia and other events to spread and enhance scientific knowledge; supports creation and delivery of scientific training and materials.
Experience / Knowledge required
· Medical Doctor, relevant scientist, Biologist, Chemist, Pharmacist, with a MD or PhD (or higher) qualification
· Experience in the pharmaceutical industry, preferably in a field base liaison role
· Able to understand the clinical and scientific aspects of Therapy area
· Excellent command of spoken English
· Excellent communication and presentation skills, both written and oral - ability to present scientific data and to turn complex scientific knowledge in to easily understood language for different audiences.
Company: global pharmaceutical company, focused on developing, manufacturing and commercializing branded pharmaceuticals, devices and biologic products.
Location: field based – Norhern Italy
Intermedia Selection, società leader in Italia nella ricerca e selezione di professional e middle management, è presente in Italia con più di 35 consulenti tra gli uffici di Milano e Roma.
Autorizzazione del ministero del lavoro n° 20323/RS.
Inserzionista: Intermedia Selection